No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Happy Friday!

I'm particularly excited about this weekend...because my mom is coming into town!! Woohoo!! She's had her trip planned for a few weeks now, and I can't wait for her to get here!


Every time I go home to my parents house my mom typically makes a ton of yummy treats for my arrival (you know, the kind that taste the best only when your mom makes them). Well, my mom had seen a post on my Instagram where I made some no bake granola bars and requested that I make them for her to try! 

I found the original recipe on a blog called Fannetastic Food but made a few changes to the recipe when I made them. 

The end result is a delicious chewy, salty and sweet granola bar! The texture kind of reminds me of a mix between the Quaker Chewy Granola Bars and Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Bars. But I used all natural and organic ingredients to make these bars as clean as possible! 

No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Ingredients:
Instructions:
  1. Add all of the dry ingredients (oats, brown rice cereal, seeds, coconut and chocolate chips) to a large mixing bowl and combine well.
  2. In a separate microwave safe bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients and microwave for about 30 seconds. This helps make the mixture easier to incorporate into the dry ingredients (this mixture will be extremely sticky!).
  3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix, mix, mix!
  4. Put the mixture into a 13x9 pan and flatten it down (tip: since the mixture will be sticky, use parchment paper to help smooch all the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan) to form a layer abut 1/2" thick.
  5. Place pan in the refrigerator to let the mixture set for about 30-40 minutes, or you can let them set overnight.
  6. Pull the pan out of the fridge, cut into bars and enjoy! 






I wrap each individual bar in aluminum foil so I can throw them into my lunch bag each morning to eat as a snack during the day. These are a great grab and go snack idea and have definitely made their way into my recipe binder! 

Labels: