Dinner & A Show

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyones week has gone smoothly so far! We're halfway to the weekend!

Last weekend Schoen and I went to go see Cirque Du Soleil Amaluna and it was amazing.



The set was absolutely breath taking and the pictures I was able to snap with my phone definitely did not do it justice. 




Amaluna is about a mysterious island that is goverened predominately by women and is guided by the cycles of the moon. A love story begins between the queens daughter, Miranda, and a young man who's ship wrecked on the island. 

Amaluna features more women on stage than any other Cirque show to date. Three-fourths of their cast and all of their musicians are women. Fun fact! 

My favorite part of the show, hands down, was Miranda's water performance.


via


It was such a powerful performance and I can't wait until Cirque Du Soleil comes back to Houston. Schoen and I both enjoyed it so much! 

After the show Schoen and I jumped in the car and headed to a place called Vintage Park. I apologize for the poor picture quality. I practically made Schoen stop the car with cars piled up behind us so I could snap this picture with my phone #bloggerproblems at their finest! 




Vintage Park resembles an Italian shopping promenade that has multiple shops and restaurants and was definitely a popular place to be on Saturday night. There were people strolling the streets while listening to a live band that was playing in the center of the plaza. 

We decided to eat at a restaurant called El Tiempo Cantina. The restaurant has such great reviews that we had no problem waiting around 40 minutes for a table. El Tiempo is known for their fajitas so Schoen and I both opted for those and I'm glad we did. They were absolutely delicious

I adore the atmosphere at Vintage Park so I was thrilled to find out that the same developer is building something similar just a few miles from our house! I can't wait for it to be finished! It will even have boat slips so people can take their boat to dinner or to go shopping. 

We have plans to meet up with a couple I went to high school with in Dubai at Vintage Park this weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces and it will be great to catch up with them!

Have a wonderful afternoon!

Labels: , ,