Glute Burner Workout + PB & Banana Protein Smoothie

My morning started off with an awesome glute workout! I want to incorporate more glute and outer thigh specific workouts into my routine, and this workout is perfect for those areas!




*5/10's are 5 sets of 10 reps with 10 seconds rest between each set. 

Reverse Abductor Press (add a 1-2 second static hold at the top of each rep, that squeeze will make you feel the burn!) 

Glute Pushdowns (make sure you focus on pushing through your heel to engage your glutes)

Cable Kickbacks (you don't have to have ankle straps for this exercise. I used the regular handle that was hooked up to the machine and just slipped my foot in it)

Weighted Curtsy Lunges (I used a 50lb barbell, but you could use body weight or dumbbells) 


My legs were shaking and my glutes were completely fatigued after this workout. It was a good one! 

After I got home from the gym I treated myself to a peanut butter banana protein smoothie.



Peanut Butter & Banana Protein Smoothie

Ingredients:

1 Cup Almond Milk 
1 scoop chocolate protein powder 
2 tbsp PB2
1/4 cup old fashion oats
1/2 frozen banana

Directions:

Combine all of the above ingredients into a blender.
Blend until the frozen banana and oats are broken down and the mixture is thick.


If you ever  have bananas that are about to go bad, never throw them away! Take the peel off and throw them in a freezer bag and throw them in the freezer. I love using them in smoothies rather than using ice. I also love using oats in smoothies because it gives them a bit of staying power and keeps me full longer. 

Lunch was left over Sesame Honey Chicken from the other night.




I ate mine with 1/2 cup of jasmine rice and some chopped scallions on top. It was delicious and definitely hit the spot! I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! 

Follow Along!

Labels: , ,