No Bake Magic Protein Bars

When I was growing up my mom would always make us Magic Cookie Bars. They had a buttery graham cracker crust with a filling made of sweetened condensed milk, coconut, chopped nuts and chocolate chips.

After I competed in my first NPC competition back in 2013 she brought me a box of them. I literally sat in the auditorium after the show and ate almost the entire box. I hadn't been taught about reverse dieting at that point! So binge on them I did!

I wanted to re-create them minus all of the butter and condensed milk and with an added protein punch. I have to say they turned out pretty darn tasty.


The Fit Chocoholic: No Bake Magic Protein Bars


No Bake Magic Protein Bars 

Ingredients

For the crust/filling
For the chocolate topping

Directions
  1. Add the shredded coconut, protein powder, coconut oil and brown rice syrup into a bowl
  2. Slowly add the almond milk until the mixture is moist
  3. Press the coconut mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 dish 
  4. Combine the chocolate chips and additional coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl
  5. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring until the chocolate is melted and combined with the coconut oil
  6. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the coconut mixture 
  7. Top with the additional shredded coconut 
  8. Place the dish in the freezer for at least 30 minutes 
  9. Cut into squares and enjoy!

I think these bars turned out so delicious. The shredded coconut and coconut oil make the dish! If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients above you can purchase them on the Vita Cost website. You can get $10 off your first purchase here.

Follow Along!

Labels: