30 Minute Peanut Butter & Chia Seed Granola

Happy Wednesday! Boy oh boy do I have a recipe for you today! I stumbled upon this recipe over on a blog called Peanut Butter Runner and it looked too delicious not to try. I fell in love with this blog instantly and it will definitely be one of my weekly reads.

This granola came together and baked in under 30 minutes and it has peanut butter and coconut oil in it...what's not to love, right? I threw this recipe together right after I got home from a morning boot camp class at the local YMCA and I've been snacking on it ever since. Next time I plan on adding some melted chocolate and maybe some shredded coconut or chopped almonds.

30 Minute Chia Seed & Peanut Butter Granola


30 Minute Peanut Butter & Chia Seed Granola
(Adapted From Jen DeCurtins, Peanut Butter Runner)

Ingredients 

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 300° and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper
  2. Add the peanut butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla to a large bowl and whisk until the ingredients are combined 
  3. Add the oats, chia seeds and salt and stir until the oats is fully coated in the peanut butter mixture 
  4. Spread the oats onto the parchment paper to form an even thin layer
  5. Bake for 20 minutes 
  6. Once the granola has cooled completely, crumble it into tupperware and store at room temperature

This is great on it's own as a small snack, but it is also delicious on some plain greek yogurt. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Follow Along! 

 photo peach-rss.gif

Labels: