Spicy Thai Steak Salad

Boy oh boy do I have a recipe for you today! 

Late last week I picked up a few pounds of flank steak and I knew I wanted to make a salad with part of it. Since I was brought up in Asia, I am a huge lover of Southeast Asian cuisine so I easily decided on a Thai inspired salad. 

The Fit Chocoholic - Spicy Thai Salad

Spicy Thai Steak Salad

Ingredients:

          Salad
          Marinade

Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients for the marinade into a large zip loc bag 
  2. Add the flank steak to the zip loc bag and massage with marinade. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight)
  3. Heat grill pan over medium high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray
  4. Cook the steak about 5 minutes on each side, or until desired 'doneness' is reached 
  5. Remove from grill and place on a cutting board 
  6. While the steak rests, add your lettuce, pico, red onion and avocado to a large salad bowl (tip, squeeze lime juice on top of your avocado to prevent it from turning brown)
  7. Cut your steak against the grain and portion out 4oz 
  8. Place steak on top of salad and top with peanut sauce, sesame seeds and a lime wedge, enjoy!

The mango pico de gallo I used had mango, jalapeño, cilantro and red onion in it. If you can't find mango pico, I would definitely recommend adding your own jalapeño, red onion and cilantro. I'm not a huge mango lover, so I wouldn't buy a mango specifically for this salad, but the sweetness complimented the spice of the peppers so well!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!



Follow Along! 

Labels: