Sweaty Spin Class + Easy Crock Pot Chicken

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start!

I woke up early yesterday morning knowing I wanted to take a group exercise class. After putting some chicken breast in the crock pot and guzzling a cup of coffee I jumped in the car and headed over to the YMCA to take a one hour spin class. In an effort to get a good feel of the gym, I am trying to take as many group fitness classes as I can while I have a 7-day pass. So far I'm loving it and I'm pretty sure I will make the switch from LA Fitness to the YMCA. But, we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

I had never taken a spin class before so I wanted to get there about 15 minutes early so I could have the instructor teach me how to adjust the bike properly.




Once I arrived I was relieved to see that there wasn't too many people waiting to go into the cycling studio. Shortly after I arrived the instructor walked in and I must have had a clueless look on my face because she said "do you need help?".

She explained that there were three different places I needed to adjust on the bike. The height of the seat, the height of the handle bars and the distance between the seat and the handle bars.








Like Body Pump, the whole Spin class had very upbeat and loud music so it made the one hour ride go by pretty quickly. We went through various different drills; some in the seated position and others in the uphill climb position where our butt's were not on the seat.

The little red knob in the first picture is what adjusts the gear on the bike. Our instructor would have us increase/decrease our resistance depending on the drill we were doing. After we got going I had to adjust my seat a bit. I think it will take some time to get used to that bike seat.

The cycling studio has big fans which circulated the air really well. I was freezing when we first started off but began sweating like crazy in no time.

After my class I threw on a clean shirt and headed out to run some errands. I was bummed when I saw that the battery in my heart rate monitor was dead before my class so my first stop was to a watch shop. I ended up buying a new battery for both my Polar watch and heart rate strap. I'll be sure to wear it during the next class and report back on the calories burned.




After running a few other errands my stomach was telling me it was time to EAT. I knew I had $2 off of a salad at Panera Bread so my lunch decision was super easy.




I'm a creature of habit when it comes to Panera Bread and I always order the exact same thing; Asian Sesame Chicken Salad with the dressing on the side. It hit the spot! After lunch I had a few other miscellaneous errands to run; grocery store, and dry cleaning. As soon as I walked into the house I was hit with the amazing smell of chicken that had been cooking in the crock pot all day long.

All I did was throw a few trimmed chicken breasts into the crock pot with about ΒΌ cup of water. I let it cook on low for about 8 hours and the end result is ridiculously moist chicken that falls apart. I shredded it up using two forks and put it in the fridge to use for lunch/dinner this week.




I like having non-seasoned cooked chicken in the fridge that way I can use it for whatever I want. Tonight for dinner I took 4 ounces of the shredded chicken and combined it with 2tbsp of barbecue sauce and made a bbq chicken sandwich using an ezekiel english muffin. I topped it with a dill pickle slice and ate it along side some lightly sauced steamed veggies.



It tasted delicous! I'll probably have the same thing for lunch today...see creature of habit!

Have a wonderful day!

Follow Along!

Labels: ,