Chocolate Banana Breakfast Muffins

I found the most delicious muffin recipe in all the land last week.

I stumbled across a blog (that is now on my weekly 'must read' list) called Hummusapien (cute name right?!) and saw these muffins and knew I had to make them...immediately. They're soooooo soo good. Like stop what you're doing and make them right now good.

They aren't just for breakfast either...they're great for anytime of the day snacking. They're also perfect to have on hand to curb pesky sweet tooth cravings.

I'm going to experiment with adding a scoop of chocolate protein powder the next time I whip these up. I'll report back how it goes!





Chocolate Banana Breakfast Muffins

Original recipe can be found here.

Ingredients 
Directions 
  1. Preheat oven to 350° and prepare muffin pan with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray.
  2. Add the bananas, melted coconut oil, dates vanilla extract and espresso powder into a large food processor. Blend until creamy.
  3. Add the almond meal, old fashioned oats, oat flour, cacao powder, ground flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Blend until all of the ingredients are combined well. 
  4. Using a large cookie scoop, add the mixture into the muffin tins.
  5. Bake for 25 minutes. 
  6. Allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack and store in the refrigerator. 

Labels: , ,