Overnight Breakfast Casserole

Hey hey! 

Sorry I've been MIA since last Friday. I've been super busy the past few days and just now got a chance to pop in and say 'hello'!

I have a yummy breakfast recipe to share with you all today! 

Last weekend while my parents were in town I decided to whip up an easy overnight breakfast casserole. My mom would always make breakfast casseroles when I would stay the weekend at their house, so I decided to keep the tradition alive. Plus, it makes a fairly large casserole, so breakfast would be taken care of for the whole weekend. 


This recipe is so versatile so you can really add anything you'd like to it to make it your own. It also keeps so well in the fridge for a number of days. 


Overnight Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients
Directions 
  1. Brown sausage in a medium skillet, set aside.
  2. In a large bowl add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and whisk well.
  3. Add the cubed (or torn) bread to the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 casserole dish.
  4. Evenly distribute the cooked sausage on top of the bread.
  5. Sprinkle the diced onion, bell peppers and cheese over the sausage. 
  6. Pour the egg mixture over the top of all the layers. 
  7. Cover and refrigerate overnight. 
  8. When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 45 minutes. 

Labels: , ,