I'm back as promised to share the perfect protein waffle recipe with you all!
I woke up with a skip in my step and wanted to make a hearty breakfast to power me through my day full of errands and cleaning in preparation for my parents arrival tomorrow afternoon. A few minutes later, the perfect protein waffle recipe was born!
The end result is the fluffiest and most delicious protein pancake in all the land.
This batter is very forgiving. As it sets it will thicken up a bit. Simply add a tablespoon or two of water to thin it slightly before pouring into your waffle iron.
You can top these bad boys with anything you'd like; fresh berries, peanut butter, slivered nuts, mini chocolate chips...anything your little heart desires. I chose to top mine with sugar and calorie free syrup, ½ of a sliced banana and a few dashes of cinnamon.
Make these for yourself, for your family, for your neighbors. I promise, you'll love them.
Perfect Protein Waffles
Prep Time:10 minutes
Servings: 4 square waffles
- 1¼ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg white
- ½ cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 3 dashes of cinnamon
- Combine oat flour and baking powder in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large food processor add the cottage cheese, egg and egg whites, water, protein powder, coconut flour, vanilla, melted coconut oil, salt and cinnamon. Blend until combined.
- Add in the dry mixture into the wet and blend until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat your waffle iron to desired heat setting and coat liberally with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into the center of the waffle iron and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until browned to your liking.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Labels: Breakfast, Recipes