As promised, I'm stopping back in to share this awesome quinoa salad recipe!
It had been quite some time since I made anything with quinoa. I was craving a refreshing salad yesterday and this Mediterranean inspired one hit the spot.
It has a ton of fresh veggies and is great as a meal in itself or along side some grilled chicken breast like I ate it yesterday.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
For the dressing:
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¾ tablespoon dried oregano
For the salad:
1½ cup uncooked quinoa
2½ cup water
1 english cucumber, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
¼ red onion, finely chopped
10 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large handfull kalamata olives, pitted and halved
¼ cup feta cheese
1 large handful italian parsley, chopped
- In a medium pot, add the water and quinoa and bring to a boil. After boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook covered for about 15 minutes.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add cucumbers, bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes, olives, cheese and parsley.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork and add on top of the chopped vegetables.
- Pour the prepared dressing on top and stir together until all ingredients are combined.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours and serve!
Labels: Dinner, Lunch, Recipes, Salads, Sides