How to Convert a Personal Pinterest Page to a Business Account

I've been on Pinterest for years and years and absolutely love it! I can't tell you how many times I've been up until the wee hours of the night looking at the most random things on Pinterest. I don't see how anyone ever planned a wedding or decorated a nursery before Pinterest was around! 

Last week I decided to convert my personal Pinterest profile to a business account. 

One reason I decided to do this is because I didn't want to juggle both a personal account and a business (blogging) account on all of the major social media platforms (Facebook is the only platform where I have a personal page and a blog page). I decided I'd rather clean up the accounts I currently have and rebrand them to make sure they align with The Fit Chocoholic. I can always create personal accounts in the future if I decide I need to. 

Another reason I did this is so I can have analytical information to see what kind information people are pinning from my website to their Pinterest boards. And don't worry, your Pinterest profile will look exactly the same as a business account as it did as a personal account. 

Converting your personal Pinterest page to a business account is super easy:

How to Convert Your Pinterest Page to a Business Account

First off, head on over to Pinterest for Business. Once you are there, click on 'Convert now' since you will be converting your personal account to a business account. 

How to Convert Your Pinterest Page to a Business Account


After you click 'Convert now' you will be prompted to name your page, select your business type and provide your website URL.


How to Convert Your Pinterest Page to a Business Account


As soon as you hit convert, Pinterest will give you a meta tag specific to your Pinterest account that you will need to use to verify your website so you can get analytical information. Basically, a meta tag is a small piece of code that allows Pinterest communicate with your website to make sure it's really your website. It will have no effect on how your website looks and visitors will not be able to see this code. Your custom meta tag will begin with '<  meta ' and have a bunch of code following it and end with >.  

I copied my meta tag and headed over to my blog's dashboard. 

If you are a Blogger user like me...from the Blogger dashboard, go down and click on the template tab near the bottom left. From there, click on Edit HTML.

How to Convert Your Pinterest Page to a Business Account


Once you hit Edit HTML, all of the HTML that makes up your blogger profile will appear (don't stress out with the enormous amount of coding, you won't be on this page for long. However, it is a good idea to backup your blog template in case something happens). 

Once the HTML window is open look for < head > (it should near the top of your HTML, only be a few lines down from the top). 

How to Convert Your Pinterest Page to a Business Account

Put your cursor at the very end of < head > and press enter which will bring you down to a new blank line below. Paste the meta tag you copied from Pinterest on the new line. After you have pasted your meta tag into your HTML, hit save template. 

Once the meta tag has been placed in your profile, hop back over to Pinterest and click on "finish". If the meta tag was placed on your website correctly, Pinterest should have been able to successfully verify your website. 

Once you have converted your personal site to a business account, you should be able to see an 'Analytics' tab in the settings section of you profile:

How to Convert Your Pinterest Page to a Business Account


It will be about 48 hours until you are able to start viewing your analytics on Pinterest which will look something like this:

How to Convert Your Pinterest Page to a Business Account

I hope this helps! 

Happy Pinning! 

Labels: , ,