5/10 Leg & Glute Workout + Weekend Recap

Hey hey hey! Happy Monday, everyone!

How was everybody's weekend?

Ours was pretty low key, as usual. After I got off of work on Friday afternoon I swung by the grocery store to pick up a few things and saw that they had all of their pumpkins out.

Fall Pumpkins


Although the forecast shows some slightly cooler temps coming our way, I just don't feel like we should put out fall decorations yet. Maybe I'll feel differently after it's officially fall next week! Our Friday evening was spent relaxing on the couch.

I woke up early Saturday morning to get in a 5 mile run for my half marathon training. I made myself a cup of coffee before my run and enjoyed it outside because the weather was GORGEOUS!

All You Need Is Love, and Coffee!

After I was adequately caffeinated, I tackled the 5 miles that was on my schedule. I felt a bit fatigued during the first 2 miles, but as soon as I got to mile 3, I was feeling great.

Mizuno Running Shoes

I ended up finishing just over 5 miles in 50:03 and I was super proud of myself! Its amazing how much progress I have made over the past 6 weeks. I remember running 2 miles the first week and being completely wiped out and winded by the time I was done. Now I am able to tackle 5 miles pretty easily.

After my run, I headed how to shower and head back out the door to be at my 10:30am hair appointment. I had my nearly 2.5 inches cut off of my hair and it feels so much healthier!

After my hair appointment I went back home to pick up Schoen and we went to Men's Warehouse to have him fitted for a Tuxedo. He will be going to Holland next month for work and they're having a black tie event, so him and all of his colleagues had to get tuxedos! After his fitting and a quick stop by Panera Bread for lunch, we headed home to watch some football. We had a few friends over and we snacked, chatted and watched the Sooners game. It was a fun night!

I was exhausted by the time my head hit my pillow on Saturday night and had no problem sleeping in until 8:30 on Sunday morning. After doing a few loads of laundry and cleaning our downstairs area, I headed off to the gym to get in a light leg workout. Here is what it looked like:

5/10 Leg & Glute Workout

I love doing 5/10 style workouts because it keeps you moving and keeps your heart rate slightly elevated because you're only taking 10 seconds to rest between sets. I'm definitely feeling some soreness in my booty this morning from yesterday's workout. It was a good one for a slow Sunday afternoon.


Labels: , , ,