Half Marathon Training + 30 Days to Healthy Update

What's going on everyone?! All is good over here! This week marked the last four weeks of my half marathon training. Man, just typing that out starts to make me even more nervous about tackling 13.1 miles on November 15th. This week also marks the second week of my 30 days to healthy challenge. More about that in a minute.

My half marathon training has been going pretty good. I've decided to adopt a different mindset about my training a week or two ago. I was starting to feel like I had to go on runs, and that is exactly how I did not want to feel during this training. I didn't want to feel forced to run. I've decided to run when I felt like it and so far that philosophy has been working quite well.



I also took about a week and a half off of running a few weeks back due to some pain in my left foot and my first run after a week off was a tough one. I feel like I'm finally getting my groove back and so far my longest training run has been 7 miles.

I had 8 miles on the schedule last weekend, but I went into my run doubting my ability to complete 8 miles without stopping. I woke up on Sunday morning and walked into our office where Schoen was working and told him that I was nervous about that mornings run and he said 'well, if you did 7 miles, you can do 8!'. I tried my hardest to get in 8 miles, but I ended up walking the last mile back to my car. I'm going to try for 8 again this weekend and see how it goes! But man, I burned a ton a calories during my run this last weekend!


Yesterday evening I did a quick 5K and tried my best to run a little outside of my comfort speed zone. I also attempted negative splits, but I was running against the wind a majority of the time and I wasn't able to do it. 


It's hard to believe that I used to be able to run a 7" mile in High School! 

In other running news, I got a awesome new pair of running shoe courtesy of Mizuno and FitFluential! I received the new Wave Inspire 12's during their pre-release to try out. If you follow me on Instagram you've probably seen a few pictures of them. They're amazing and I absolutely love the colors.


In other exciting news, I also started Arbonne's 30 Days to Healthy and Beyond last week. I got all of the product required for the 30 day challenge (which is a TON of stuff) for just over $200. 

30 Days to Healthy Living and Beyond

Here is what I got:
Basically I am cutting out processed foods, gluten, dairy, soy and sugar for 30 whole days. I found that my diet was getting WAY off track the past few weeks and I was not happy with the way I was feeling or looking. I really needed a stepping stone to jump start me into healthier eating patterns. 

I'm not going to lie, the first week was rough. I suffered from raging headaches from cutting out coffee. However, in lieu of coffee, I'm drinking Energy Fizz Sticks which have caffeine in them so that helped a bit. 

Arbonne's is known for the 'cleanness' of their products. All of their products are naturally derived and 100% stand by their motto of 'Pure, Safe, Beneficial'. And to be totally honest with you, their protein powder is OUT OF THIS WORLD. It tastes so good! The vanilla is hands down my favorite which is weird because I've always been a chocolate protein powder kinda gal. 

Here is a little insight to what I've been eating the past 9 days:

Here was my first grocery haul: Lots of fresh organic veggies and berries, some almond butter, free range eggs, almonds, almond milk, brown rice...


Every morning for breakfast I have a protein shake. In addition to the protein powder I always add one scoop of fiber and one packet of digestion plus to my shakes. 


My go to shakes are chocolate protein powder with almond butter, oats and spinach and vanilla protein powder with frozen raspberries and flax seeds. So far, the vanilla berry shake has been my favorite. Schoen even asked me to make him one last weekend because he liked it so much. 


When I arrive to work I have a cup of detox tea followed by an energy fizz stick mixed into cold water. 


My mid morning and mid afternoon snacks consist of green organic apples or 1oz of almonds. 


Lunch is typically leftovers from the previous nights dinner. I've been eating a lot of spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and turkey. I've also made turkey chili, grilled chicken and roasted vegetables. I've ate both along side some brown rice. 


So far I'd say that the 30 day challenge is going pretty well. I've found that coffee is the one thing that I have been missing the most. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about drinking a big cup of it when this is all said and done. I typically drink my coffee with an all natural sweetener and dairy and soy free creamer so I plan on adding that back into my diet at the end of this challenge. 

I plan on doing a post dedicated to my experience doing my first 30 Days to Healthy and Beyond challenge after I am done with it. I'm going to include my before and after pictures as well, so stay tuned! 

Labels: , , , ,