Disclaimer: I received product in exchange for writing this blog post. All opinions are my own. Thanks so much to Manitoba Harvest for sponsoring today's post!
These little seeds are a nutrition gold mine! They are packed full of protein and Omega 3s and thanks to their nutty taste, they taste delicious sprinkled on just about anything. I was initially going to go the plain jane route and sprinkle these over my morning oatmeal...but if you've been a long time reader of The Fit Chocoholic, you'll know that I love protein smoothies. So, I fancied up my usual go to smoothie and made a High Protein Berry Banana Breakfast Smoothie (quite a mouthful huh?!).
I mixed them into the smoothie itself and I also sprinkled some on top...because come on, who doesn't love a little garnish?!
High Protein Berry Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ Frozen Banana
- ¾ Cup Frozen Strawberries & Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Manitoba Hemp Hearts
- Enough Almond Milk to get everything moving
- Add all of the above ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth
- Add a sprinkle of hemp hearts on the top and enjoy!
Want some other awesome ideas on how to use these nutritious packed seeds? Manitoba Harvest has a ton of great recipe ideas which can be found here. This product is extremely versatile and can be used in everything from smoothies like, like the one I made above, to salads, pancakes and even baked goods!
Now here is the fun part! I am giving away a bag of Hemp Hearts (like the one pictured above) to one lucky reader so you can try them out and see how great they are for yourself! Simply fill out the form below and I will announce the winner on Friday, November 20th! Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Open to US and Canada residents
- One prize per winner. If your first winner has already won a prize from another SPA, please choose another. Sample disclosure language below, if you’d like to include it in your post
- You are not eligible to win other SPAs’ giveaways
One prize per person. If you win this giveaway, and have already won another prize from Manitoba Harvest through another blog, please disclose that you have already won so we can choose another winner.
Labels: Breakfast, Giveaways, Recipes, Sweat Pink