Fit Chocoholic's Friday Favorites #5

Happy Friday, y'all!! I'm especially excited about this weekend because we have a fun date night planned for later today, so let's get right into our Friday Favorites post!

Friday Favorites

Cirque du Soleil



This has to be at the top of my favorites list today! Earlier in the week I purchased tickets for us to go see Cirque Du Soleil Amaluna. I've been to one Cirque show before and I had so much fun! I was actually part of the pre-show. A bunch of clowns came out before the main show and they put a spot light on me and I had to stand up and act like I was playing catch with them with an imaginary ball. It was a blast! I LOVE Cirque Du Soleil and I cannot wait to go see this show later today with the hubs.

Manager's Specials

I have to say that I LOVE the grocery stores here in Texas. Many healthy items that I would typically have to buy online are readily available at almost all of the grocery stores here. And, Kroger, the store I've been shopping at here, has great Manager's Specials in almost every section of the store. I found some Lean Jennie-O Hot Italian Turkey Sausage for $1.99 the other day.

Today I went and they had a bunch of chicken breast in the Manager's Specials meat section so I picked up a bunch to put in our freezer. They also had a HUGE section of flowers on sale and they were all gorgeous! I picked up the bouquet below for $1.99. I saw numerous men loading up their baskets with flowers which made me giggle.





I put the flowers in our living room and I love the way it brightens it up the space. Schoen commented on how pretty there were as soon as he walked in the door from work. 5 points if you can spot RoxieMo!

The Joint



Earlier in the week I used the gift card Schoen got me for Valentines Day and got a 1 hour massage. I knew I was in dire need of a professional one but I didn't realize how bad my back was until the therapist started working on me. She highly recommended that I visit a Chiropractor for an adjustment and gave me a coupon to use so my first adjustment would only cost me $10.

I have never been to a Chiropractor before so I was a bit skeptical. But I headed next door to a place called The Joint to get checked out.

After filling out a bit of paperwork I headed to the back for a quick exam. We found out that my hips were uneven; my right side was higher by about 1". The doctor did adjustments while I was on my back, my stomach and on my sides and was able to correct the unevenness in my hips. My back immediately felt much better.

The great thing about this place is there are no appointments required. I am able to use our HSA card to pay for my visits, so I plan on going back again today or tomorrow per the doctors recommendations.

Alexia Sweet Potato Fries





I spotted these in the freezer section of my grocery store the other day, and boy am I glad I did. These are ridiculously delicious. I ate some along side a veggie burger yesterday for lunch. I made sure to use my food scale to portion out the right amount because I could easily eat the whole bag. They were pre-seasoned with sea salt and black pepper and so so good dipped in some all natural ketchup. Try them out, you won't be disappointed!

Labels: