Oven Baked Spicy Sweet Potato Hash

Last night I was craving nothing but breakfast for dinner. Specifically spicy hash browns. I had about 6 sweet potatoes in the pantry that needed to be used so I decided to make a sweet potato hash with them. Originally Schoen was going to eat left over turkey taco lasagna for dinner, but as soon as he smelled the potatoes cooking in the oven he said "I want what you're having!". 

The spice in this recipe is optional of course, but the contrast of the sweetness from the potatoes and the spice of the cayenne pepper is amazing. I topped my potatoes with a sunny side up egg and cilantro and Schoen's with scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese. This will definitely be a breakfast staple going forward. 



Oven Baked Spicy Sweet Potato Hash

Ingredients 
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425°
  2. Add the cubed sweet potatoes to a large bowl
  3. Add the remainder of the ingredients and and toss until all of the potatoes are covered with the olive oil and spices  
  4. Add the seasoned potatoes to a large sheet pan
  5. Bake at 425° for 45 minutes, flipping halfway through 
  6. Serve with eggs cooked to your liking
Follow Along!  



Labels: , ,