Pyramid Shoulder Workout + Post Workout Snack

Since I only did cardio yesterday morning I managed to make it back into the gym yesterday afternoon to get a good shoulder workout in. I did a pyramid style workout that was quick but killer. Here is what it looked like:

The Fit Chocoholic: Killer Pyramid Shoulder Workout

Here is how it works...

There are only three exercise: shoulder presses, lateral raises and a curl transitioned into an arnold press. You perform 20 reps of each exercise, then 15 reps of each exercise, 10 reps and finally 5 reps. Then you will go back up to 10 reps of each exercise, 15 reps and then ending with 20 reps. Try to keep your weight the same for each set, only increasing when you hit the set with only 5 reps. I used 15's for my shoulder presses and 10's for my lateral raises and curl presses. By the time I hit the last set of 20 my shoulders were on fire!!

I love workouts like these because they're quick but effective. I was in and out of the gym in just over 30 minutes.

Give it a try, I promise you'll love it!

After I got home from the gym it was time for a midday snack.


I opted for 5oz of plain 0% fat greek yogurt and ΒΌ cup of the homemade peanut butter granola that I made late last week (this was the last of my granola...time to make some more!). And yes, I ate them separately. I ate my greek yogurt first and ate the granola after. Gotta save the best for last! It was a yummy and satisfying snack with an added protein punch thanks to the greek yogurt!

Labels: , ,