Fit Chocoholic's Friday Favorites #13

Yay for Friday!! I hope you all have had a great week!

It has been a rainy week here in Houston. We were under flash flood warnings for a majority of the night yesterday and it looks like this weekend will be a wash out as well. Bummer.

We were hoping to go get some new flowers for our front flower beds, but it looks like that may need to be put on hold. That may be for the best because I've been under the weather most of this week. I think my weekend will consist of comfy clothes, the couch and Netflix!

As usual here are a few of my favorite things all bundled up into a Friday Favorites post. Have a wonderful weekend!

Friday Favorites

Plum Coffee


A few weeks ago I made a friend at the gym and we decided to meet up this week for some coffee. She suggested a small local coffee shop called Plum Coffee and I loved it the second I walked in. They had an array of drinks and sandwiches to choose from.


I loved all of the unique furniture they had inside as well.  


I opted for a regular coffee to drink and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had almond milk! Major points for Plum Coffee! I'm still waiting for Starbucks to jump on the almond milk train...


We chatted away for just over and hour. It was so nice to get some girl time in. We have plans to do a HIIT class at our gym next week and I can't wait!

Nike's New 'Better For It' Campaign

I'm loving Nike's new campaign for women that has been circulating the internet lately. It's so motivating and really captures what goes on in a lot of our minds while at the gym perfectly. You can see the video here.

Motivation Board


Earlier in the week I dug out this white board that was stashed away in an upstairs closet. I hung it up in our little mudroom entryway and we're using it as a daily/weekly motivation board. I put a countdown of days until we leave for our vacation to Riviera Maya as well as a few goals to strive towards each week. I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself so far. I've gone to the gym every day this week and have stuck to a majority of our weekly goals. I did something similar when I was in competition prep and I have to say, visualizing my goals and seeing them written down each day is a huge help for me.

Applegate Naturals Chicken & Maple Breakfast Sausage Patties


I often forget about some of the food I have in my freezer. Last weekend I opened it up to see if anything would catch my eye and sound good for breakfast. I found this unopened box of chicken and maple breakfast sausage patties and immediately knew I wanted to make a breakfast sandwich.

I toasted an ezekiel english muffin and inside I put one over-easy egg, one chicken sausage patty and topped it with a slice of GO-Veggie! cheese. It was delicious!

Green Smoothies


I've been digging smoothies this week. I don't know if it's the warmer weather or my sore throat, but they've been hitting the spot! Baby spinach is a weekly staple for me and I almost always throw a big handful into the blender when I make myself a smoothie.


Don't let the intense green color intimidate you, you can't taste the spinach at all, I promise!

Labels: ,