Iced Coffee Protein Smoothie

Happy Friday, everyone! Or should I say, Happy Friyay! 


What do you all have going on this weekend? I think we plan on having a relaxing weekend at home and that is fine by me! I've been informed that the Masters 2015 will be on this weekend and I've been told that will be taking up much of my husbands time. Golf watching = snoozefest. So I plan on spending some time in the kitchen because I have a few recipes I need to test out. Recipe testing > golf watching anyday. Am I right? Speaking of recipes, I have a new protein smoothie recipe to share with you all today! I'll be back a bit later to share my usual Friday Favorites post. Here we go...

Earlier in the week I woke up at 3am and could not go back to sleep. Needless to say I was running on fumes by lunchtime. An afternoon pick me up was in order in the form of an iced coffee protein smoothie. 


The star of this protein smoothie were the coffee ice cubes I made earlier that morning. To make them, I brewed 8oz of coffee in my Keurig and allowed it to cool a bit. After it was slightly cooled, I poured the coffee into a mini ice cube tray and put it in the freezer. A few hours later, voilá, coffee ice cubes. 


I blended up about ¾ of the coffee ice cubes in the smoothie itself and put 3-4 whole ice cubes in after it was all said and done. They slowly started to melt and swirl into the smoothie. Delicious! 



Iced Coffee Protein Smoothie

Ingredients

Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients into a blender.
  2. Blend until smooth.
  3. Pour into glass and top with a few whole coffee ice cubes.

Labels: , , ,