Fit Chocoholic's Friday Favorites #16

Happy Friday, y'all! I hope you all had a fabulous week!

Schoen's work week was so incredibly hectic because of the Offshore Technology Conference. Some nights he didn't make it home until well after 11pm. So we have a low key weekend planned. I plan on spending some time by the pool and studying for my AFAA exam. Other than that, we have no plans. Sometimes I love a plan-free weekend.

As usual, I am here to share a new Friday Favorites post. Have a great weekend!

Friday Favorites 

Olé Xtreme Wellness! Tortilla Wraps


These tortilla wraps are the BOMB! I picked up two packages of them; one Spinach & Herbs and Original. They both have the exact same macros! I've been making chicken wraps with them. BBQ chick is my favorite! 


1 spinach tortilla wrap with 1 tbsp of bbq sauce, 4oz of shredded chicken (we keep a big thing of shredded chicken in the fridge at all times to use throughout the week), 1 large handful of fresh baby spinach and a few slices of red onion. Heaven!

HIIT


Earlier in the week I took a highly recommended HIIT (high intensity interval training) class at my gym. We did each exercise in the above workout for 60 seconds and did 3 rounds, so the workout was an hour long. It was killer in the best way possible. I was drenched with sweat and burnt well over 600 calories during the class. Yes! 

Resistance Band Training


Earlier in the week I tried out an at home total body resistance band workout. I know some people simply don't have the time to make it to the gym. If you are one of those people, fret not! You can do total body workout in the comfort of you own home with some inexpensive resistance bands.

I attempted (and failed) to take pictures of myself demonstrating each exercise. I plan on having my husband be my photographer this weekend so keep an eye out for the full workout to be up on the blog early next week!

Damsels & Blokes Salon


Yesterday morning I made myself a hair appointment at a local salon called Damsels & Blokes. I was way overdue for a hair cut and color, so to say I was looking forward to this appointment would be an understatement. This was the first time I have ever been to a salon that departmentalized their services. So I went to one person for color and a different person for a cut. I actually really loved this concept because it allows the stylists to specialize in their craft. Another cool thing about the salon is this: 

Yup, you read that right. They offer a free shampoo and blow dry all day, everyday with no catch. My stylists said just give them a call before hand and tell them you plan on coming by and they'll try their best to get you in. How cool is that? I definitely plan on utilizing this service since I'm in the gym so often and sometimes don't have time to run home just to fix my hair. 

Labels: ,