Riviera Maya Vacation Part #3

Happy Wednesday, y'all! I'm here to share my 3rd and final recap of our vacation to Riviera Maya last week. The first and second recaps can be found here and here

Our last full day at the El Dorado Casitas Royale started with another early wake up for me, a walk along the beach with coffee and snagging a cabana at the pool. 






We had breakfast at Cocotal again and I had scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon and a mimosa! It was a great hearty breakfast to hold me over until lunch time.

We spent a majority of our morning hanging at the main pool, lounging under our cabana and reading. We headed over to JoJo's, the resorts beachside restaurant, for some lunch as soon as they opened.


I repeated my lunch from the previous day and had the fettucini with prawns and chilis. We also devoured some of their quesadillas which were filled with oaxaca cheese. Now that I think of it, I think we ate their quesadillas every single day. They were so good!


After lunch we headed back to our cabana at the pool for some more lounging, swimming and sipping on cocktails. At around 2pm a small thunderstorm rolled in but pushed through rather quickly. After the rain subsided, we walked along the beach and decided to play some chess. I had never played before so Schoen taught me! 



I've always wanted to learn how to play chess, but I didn't realize there were so many different rules. I lost, which wasn't surprising, but it was a blast learning how to play, I loved the massive chess boards! 

After our game of chess we decided to head back over to our side of the resort for a bit. 


Quetzales Bar/Pool is the private area that only guests in our area had access to. We stopped by the bar for a quick drink before we headed over to our favorite restaurant, Kampai, for another late lunch/an early dinner. 


The views from Kampai during the day are unreal. And to top it off, the food there is hands down delicious. We started with dumplings which were amazing


For my main course I had chicken pad thai. 


As well as some Thai fried rice. 


Sadly, their amazing sushi wasn't on the lunch menu. But, we both left extremely full and happy we got to eat at Kampai one last time. 

After our early dinner, another storm started to move in and we quickly realized that it would most likely rain for the remainder of the evening. We decided to call it a day and head back up to our room to get all packed up for our early morning pick up to head to the airport. 

Staying at the El Dorado Casitas Royale was such an amazing experience. The resort was absolutely stunning, the staff was always so friendly and we didn't eat a meal we didn't absolutely love. If you ever plan on going to Riviera Maya, I can't recommend this resort enough! 

Labels: , , ,