Fit Chocoholic's Friday Favorites #7

Hello and happy Friday, everyone!

The weather has been pretty crummy almost all week here in Houston and it doesn't look like it's going to get much better this weekend. The bad weather isn't going to keep us from having a fun weekend though! We plan on going to Top Golf with a few of Schoen's colleagues and we're also wanting to go see a movie. So it should be a fun time! As usual, here is what has been on my Friday Favorites radar lately. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!


Friday Favorites

Birthday/Anniversary Trips


via

In early June Schoen and I will be heading to Riviera Maya for my birthday/our one year wedding anniversary! I'm so incredibly excited to spend 4 days relaxing by the pool/beach and I know Schoen is too. Booking our trip earlier this week was definitely motivation to stay consistent in the gym. Just over 90 days until I'll be sporting a bikini! 

Homebrite Park N Place 


So, we have an extra refrigerator in our garage that we use to store drinks and it happens to be on the side of the garage I park my car. Needless to say, it's a tight fit. There might have been a few instances where I may have ran into the refrigerator with my car. 

My car doesn't have fancy sensors on it like the hubby's car has, and his car won't fit on that side of the garage because it's too long. So, I needed to find something to prevent me from continually hitting the fridge. I considered the ol' tennis ball on a string trick (my grandma had one hanging on her side of the garage so she didn't hit my grandpa's work bench!) but that was going to be a last resort option.

Early last week I did some searching and bought a Homebrite Park N Place off of Amazon. It was delivered late last night and I couldn't help but giggle while I was putting it together.



It's actually pretty neat. The stop sign portion of it flashes with red lights once your car hits the main rod connected to it. We may end up buying one for the other side of the garage because Schoen ran into his tool box earlier this evening as he was pulling into the garage from work. Looks like superior parking skills is not one of our strong points.

Unnecessary Purchases From Target



You know you've been there. You go to Target to buy paper towels and you leave with a decorative basket, new OPI nail polish, a new sports bra and this mug.

I'm such a sucker for fun coffee mugs so when I saw this one for $2.99 I couldn't pass it up. A few weeks before Valentines Day they had a ton of fun mugs and I couldn't help but buy this one for Schoen and have it be from Roxie. Yes, we are 'those people'.


Target, you will be the death of me.

Good Grocery Store Sushi



I know I've raved about the grocery stores here in a previous post, but I have to say that they have amazing fresh sushi at them as well.

When we first moved to Texas, we had to make a grocery store run to stock up our pantry and fridge. While we were there they were giving away fresh sushi samples. I was skeptical at first, but decided to give it a go and I'm glad I did because it was amazing. The rolls are made fresh daily and are perfect to pick up when we're craving sushi and don't want to go to a restaurant to get it. I have picked up a roll several times and have yet to be disappointed.

Protein Samples



We have been ordering protein off of bodybuilding.com for years. One thing I love about ordering from their website is they usually send you sample packets of protein and pre-workout. I usually throw these packets into a basket in our pantry and I tend to forget about them. Earlier in the week I was about to make a protein smoothie and the basket of samples caught my eye so I decided to use one of them in it. These are also a great way to sample protein before you commit to buying a 5lb bucket of it.

Labels: , , ,