What I've Been Eating Lately

Good morning and happy Thursday everyone!

I'm sorry I didn't stop by to say hi yesterday. This post was originally supposed to go up yesterday but I spent a large portion of my day at the Department of Public Safety attempting to get a Texas drivers license. 


Long story short, I didn't end up getting my license and will have to go back again next week with additional paperwork that Schoen needs to sign. Thankfully I was given a special pass so I won't end up waiting hours upon hours waiting to see someone next time.

Anyways, moving right along...


I thought it would be fun to do a quick recap on what we've been eating the past two weeks. We have been trying to clean up our diets substantially and I'd be lying if I said it has been easy. But, we've done pretty well so far. 

Spring time has hit Texas with full force and it has been super warm and a bit humid this week. I'll take hot and humid over cold and rainy any day so I welcome it with open arms. After I worked up a sweat at the gym the other morning doing a heavy glute workout, I came home craving an ice cold protein smoothie. 


 I decided on a peanut butter and banana protein smoothie and man was it good! I combined the following ingredients in a blender for about 30 seconds and the end result was a thick fluffy mixture that reminded me of a milkshake.

Peanut Butter & Banana Protein Smoothie
I foresee many more smoothies in the future to help combat this Texas heat. It hit the spot and helped tide me over until my next meal.

Lately my meals at lunch and dinner have consisted of chicken, chicken and more chicken.

As usual, I have been sautéing a bunch of chicken in a pan with a few sprays of coconut oil some freshly cracked black pepper and a bit of sea salt. 


I've been eating my chicken along side a bit of jasmine rice and veggies. I had an avocado that was on the verge of going bad so I ate ½ of it along side my lunch the other day for a punch of healthy fat. I've also been obsessed with lemonade crystal light lately - so good!


I also roasted a bunch of asparagus with some cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt. I can't wait for the price of asparagus to come down a bit so I can buy it more often.

A popular dinner theme in our house lately has been 'make your own stir fry' nights.


We usually buy a bunch of zucchini, bell peppers, onions and summer squash and chop them all up and put it all in one big freezer bag. We can pull out the amount we want throughout the week which makes for quickly made lunches and dinners.

For my stir fry I used a bit of our pre-chopped veggies and sautéed them in a bit of coconut oil and threw in a few freshly sliced jalapeños for some heat. I added in 4oz of cooked chicken, 1 tablespoon of gluten free teriyaki sauce and ¼ cup of cooked jasmine rice. I topped it all off with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds and a pinch of red pepper flakes because I love it extra spicy!

Yesterday, after my unexpectedly long stay at the DPS I was ready to eat my arm. I had originally planned on going home to grab lunch before running some more errands but I was starting to get light headed. I decided to stop by Panera Bread and grab my go-to salad.


I had to use an old picture of the Asian Sesame Chicken Salad because I literally inhaled it and a big piece of baguette as soon as it hit my table. It was delicious as always.

That more or less sums up what my meals have looked like recently. I'm going to try and switch it up a bit next week and I'll be sure to report back anything noteworthy.

Have a wonderful morning!

Labels: , , , , , ,