What I Bought Wednesday #1

Happy hump day, everyone! 

I hope you all have had a good start to your week! I've been in preparation mode since Monday because my mom and dad arrive into Houston tomorrow afternoon!! I can't wait to see them both and spend some quality time together and show them our new city. My mom has already been able to visit once, but this will be my dad's first trip since we've moved.

My morning has been filled with cleaning and baking. I feel like I've gotten so much done in such a short amount of time. Yay for productivity! 

I made myself THE best protein waffles for breakfast. 



I will stop by a bit later to share the recipe. They're amazing! 

I also whipped up a batch of my super easy 30 Minute Peanut Butter & Chia Seed Granola for my mom and I to snack on over the weekend. 

 
Speaking of food...

I published a previous post about what I bought at the grocery store and it got a pretty good response so I decided to start a series called 'What I Bought Wednesdays'. 

I think it's safe to say that I am part of a fairly large group of people that have a 'love hate' relationship with grocery shopping. I hate the tediousness of it, yet I love finding new foods that we love that are marginally healthy. I also have a weird obsession with seeing what other people buy when they grocery shop (any one else out there with me on that one??). 

I typically go to the grocery store to stock up for the week on Sundays. However, I tend to find myself at the store numerous other times throughout the week. I'm either picking up items we run out of throughout the duration of the week or that I forgot to get to begin with. I'm trying to get better at planning out our meals and making lists (and not forgetting the list at home...) to prevent numerous trips. I'm sure my husband looks at our bank account each month and wonders why I go so often. Rest assured honey...every trip is necessary, I promise! 

Here is what I picked up for us earlier in the week:


A lot of the usual suspects appeared in my grocery cart: chicken breast, egg whites, oats and veggies.



This weeks veggie haul included zucchini, summer squash, broccoli, red bell peppers and some organic bok choy. We love having 'make your own stir fry' nights at our house, so a majority of these veggies will be gone in a matter of days.


Some new items that appeared in my basket this week were oat flour, almond meal, instant espresso powder and some medjool dates. I'm planning on making some chocolate banana muffins using all of these ingredients (plus some) later in the week. Just waiting for my bananas to over ripen. Of course when you need them ripe, they never are. When you need them fresh, they're overripe... #thestruggle 


I also picked up a big family sized bag of tilapia because you can only eat so much chicken. 


I also couldn't resist these cute Easter eggs. I'm going to put the few Easter decorations that I have out this week and I needed a few more to fill a big glass vase.

I will need to make another grocery store run today to stock up on some things to have for my parents visit.

I'm off to get some more stuff done. I'll be back later to share that protein waffle recipe. Catch ya later!

Labels: , , , ,