Fit Chocoholic's Friday Favorites #8

Hello and happy Friday the 13th, everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful week and have a fun weekend planned! As usual, here are a few of my favorite things that I have been loving lately. I'll be back later to post a butt kicking workout I did earlier in the week. Enjoy!

Friday Favorites 

The Return of Group Exercise Classes



This has been the week of group exercise classes and I have absolutely loved it. Last Saturday I took the 9am body pump class followed by my first spin class and a TRX class on Monday, a 1 hour HIIT class on Tuesday, a boot camp class on Wednesday, and I have plans to take a Yoga class sometime today for a bit of much needed stretching.

KIND Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Healthy Grain Bars 


I've been picking up boxes of these KIND bars for the past month and I absolutely love them. They are made with oats, millet, quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat and of course peanut butter and dark chocolate. They are non-GMO and are also gluten free which makes them a great healthy snack choice!

Suja


I've seen Suja floating around on various different blogs/magazines for quite some time and I never got around to trying it until this week. I was at the grocery store picking up a few things and this caught my eye in the natural foods section. There were quite a few different flavors to choose from but I ended up getting Mango Magic and Green Delight. The Mango one was delicious and very refreshing and I loved the slight ginger taste it had. I haven't tried the Green Delight yet, but I'm sure I will love it just as much. One serving is one bottle, but it is pretty high in sugar so I only drank about 1/2 of it and saved the other half for next day. 

Fend For Yourself Nights


I don't cook every night and not all of our meals look like the pictures I typically post accompanying my recipes. When I was growing up my mom would sometimes have what she called "fend for yourself" nights and those nights were some of my favorites! We could eat left overs, soup and a sandwich or really anything we wanted. We had a 'fend for yourself' night last night at our house and it was quite delicious. I opted for two of my favorite waffles topped with all natural peanut butter and banana slices with two pieces of turkey bacon on the side and an Orange Mango Sparkling Ice to drink. Schoen decided on a turkey sandwich and sour cream and onion Pringles with Crystal Light Lemonade to drink. It was yummy! I've had breakfast for dinner twice this week...I'm seeing a trend taking place. 

Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds


Where have these been all of my life?! I picked up a small bag of these dark chocolate covered almonds at the store the other day and they're delicious! I ate a small handful after dinner last night to satisfy my sweet tooth. These little babies will definitely be s staple on my grocery list going forward. 

Polar Heart Rate Monitor


My beloved Polar Heart Rate Monitor has been taken out of retirement! It had been in the bottom of my gym bag with a dead battery for months and it was time to get it up and running again. I threw the watch and chest strap into my purse earlier in the week and made it a point to stop and get batteries for both. I've worn it during a few group exercise classes and have been quite impressed with where my heart rate/calories burned have been. Not only do these watches store data from past workouts, but they also act as a motivator to push you while you're at the gym. Welcome back, Polar FT4...welcome back. 

Follow Along!

Labels: , ,